I want my country back. I want the days when a "man's word was his bond". I want the time when you didn't have to lock your doors because people respected one another and their property. I want the freedom to get on an airplane and take a trip without being molested by a "government" worker first. I want the country where religious freedom meant religious freedom, not "shut up Christians and Jews", and treat the Muslims with kid gloves. I want the country that was founded on Judeo-Christian values; where it was okay to pray in public, and it was okay to mention God and Jesus Christ in public.
"Give me your tired, your poor; your huddled masses yearning to be free", had its time and place. When there was seemingly "unlimited" territory, and room for all; it was possible for all to come and partake of the American dream. It was possible to come with nothing and make it big here. But, the American dream is becoming a nightmare. Greed raised its ugly head. Power mongers will stop at nothing to get to the top and hold the population under their thumbs. No longer does working hard pay off. The harder you work, the less you get because the greedy government takes a bigger cut. No longer does working hard pay off because more of our earnings are taken from us to pay the way of those who come here for a free ride. Those who are illegal and know how to work the system, have more benefits than many hard working Americans...who can't seem to get ahead because their hands are tied by our greedy government. There are illegals here who work hard to support themselves and their families, and they still have access to more benefits than the ordinary American citizen. If you want to come partake of what you believe is the American dream, do it the right way. Take the steps required by law. Don't break the law of the country you come to for a chance at a better life. What it does for all the rest of us, is reduce our quality of life.
Screw the ACLU. This is an example of a group who has stepped way outside what should be their boundary. Screw political correctness. Don't tell me how I have to talk so as not to hurt the feelings of some asshole who would rather kill me than talk nicely to me. Wake up America!! We are being taken over by different groups who are "protected", while we are the financiers of their coup. Screw the hatemongers.... those who take things out of context and attempt to turn the people against that which is good. We are told in the scriptures about the day when men would "call evil good, and good evil". Hello...it's here. People are so screwed up and full of hate.
I am so tired of being silenced because I am a Christian. I'm even more tired of being censored by other Christians because I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I AM a practicing Christian. The uninformed, too lazy to do their own personal research, bigots who vehemently deny that my Church is Christian need to get off their soap boxes and learn for themselves. I would guess that a number of these people are second and third generation bigots...without their own personal knowledge....simply believing in the "traditions of their fathers". Happens all of the time.
What is ahead for my children and grandchildren and great grandchildren? Will the "land of the free, and the home of the brave" be just that? Or will it be the "land of the meek, duped, docile slave"? What we all deserve...is to wake up, hook up (spiritually) and join together to create a wave of change so great and powerful that the shift will change the world. But it takes effort, unity, faith and an unconditional love for mankind. There is no room for greed, gluttony or hate. We are ALL children of ONE creator. That makes us family. A family that prays together, stays together. A family that communicates effectively, that respects each members uniqueness and feelings, stays together; and becomes stronger. A family that allows expression, yet unites behind what's good for the entire family becomes stronger.
The united States of America was once like a strong family. United, but respecting the individual. Working together for the good of all, yet allowing for individuality. Then the desire for power and money crept in the back door. Changes began to take place unbeknownst to the general populace, who were basking in the "sunshine". Look where we are today! I want my country back....for the sake of my posterity.
No comments:
Post a Comment