Throughout time, mankind has felt the need to form alliances. Even at the very beginning, when Satan knew Cain was angry with his brother Abel, Cain was enticed by Satan to become a partner in an unholy alliance. His anger and disappointment that God had accepted Abel's sacrifice, but not his, put him in a state of mind where he could easily align himself with someone or something that fed off of his anger, and validated it. And Satan was more than happy to do that. The thing about Satan though, is that he will goad you on in your negative thoughts and actions, but when it comes time to face the consequences, he abandons you.
Countries form alliances purportedly to benefit all involved. These too can become evil in that the few at the top make the decisions that adversely affect the rest. It's interesting that at the time this country's freedom was fought for and won, a stern warning was given to form alliances with no one. Too bad that wasn't followed. Now, as a country, we are strapped in many different alliances with other countries. As part of these alliances, our freedoms are affected. Not only our freedoms, but our commerce and trade. As a result of this and other unholy alliances, our country is on the verge of collapse. We witness on the news, that other countries are already collapsing because of these wicked things. We can see now, why this stern warning was given. Too late.
Each one of us, if we are lucky, are born into a family that loves and cares for us. I know this is not always the case. My heart breaks for those who have not been blessed with a loving family. This alliance, called family, is the most important alliance we should be part of. Two adults, parents, joined together to create a functioning unit of society whose purpose is to work together to create a safe environment of children to learn and grow.
What happens to turn family members against each other? Why would family turn on family? I would think it would have to be something pretty horrible. It would have to be, for there to be no forgiveness. It would have to be acts of complete depravity. Or would it?
Anger breeds anger. And when we hold on to that anger as tightly as we can, and it is part of every breath we take, and conversation we have.....it multiples and intensifies until it consumes us. Health problems, the world over, are caused because of hate and anger being harbored in the soul. It doesn't hurt the person that the feelings are for.....it poisons the person who is harboring the feelings. Forgiveness is an amazing thing. Whether someone has repented of their wrongdoing or not, by us learning to truly forgive, and letting go of the pain and anger, we receive an amazing gift. I don't want to poison myself with negative feelings. Life is too short. I want to feel peace and love in my life. Peace and love, and hate and anger cannot coexist within the same being. I refuse to harbor the negative feelings. I will not form an unholy alliance, where in I become a partner with the adversary to advance hate and anger. Nope. Won't do it. I don't see myself as being "holier than thou" because I've made that choice. It's simply something that I had to work on in my earlier years. Having learned the secret, I want to keep the peace and love...it feels so much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment